Vermont-Based Safelite Burns Down

The Rutland, Vt.-based Safelite location has been declared “a total loss” after a fire destroyed the building Tuesday night, according to Melina Metzger, company spokesperson.

“The building was a total loss so we are working on acquiring temporary space until it’s rebuilt. There should be no significant impact to our ability to serve customers in the area,” she says.

The local fire department believes the cause of the fire was a malfunctioning gas heater, according to a local report.

The building also housed a Floormasters.

This entry was posted in glassBYTEs Headlines and tagged , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *