Ford Issues Sunroof Recall

Ford recently issued a recall on more than 5,000 of its Transit Connect vans made from 2014 to 2017 with panoramic sunroofs. The auto manufacturer stated the sunroofs could leak or even detach from the vans, in a press release.

According to Ford, the problem is the bond between the panoramic roof and the body of the Transit Connect vehicle. The recall includes 5,088 Transit Connects in the U.S. and 45 in Canada, according to the company’s release.

The recalled vans were manufactured July 17, 2014, to October 1, 2016. Auto glass shops working on the impacted vehicles can assure their customers that their sunroof glass will be removed, cleaned and reinstalled at no cost to them. Ford did not provide the recall’s start date.

Auto glass shops who’s customers have additional questions about the recall can contact Ford’s customer service center at 866-436-7332. Ford’s recall reference number is 20S2.

This entry was posted in glassBYTEs Headlines and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

6 Responses to Ford Issues Sunroof Recall

1. jeremy Brodecki says:

My 2017 F-150 sunroof became stuck open and I water flood the interior and pour out of the overhead lighting control box. I called to schedule a repair and had to wait 5 days, through hurricane Zeta, with more flooding before I could get it in the shop. There is a service bulletin issues for this problem and a F-150 forum with data to support around 52% of trucks with this roof have this problem but Ford acts like they’ve never heard of it before. It’s not only damaged my interior and cause me many cold days of driving with the roof open, but potentially damaged the interior electronics and costs a fortune to repair.

2. Irwin says:

Is there a recall on f150 sunroof ?

3. Jessie Ewing says:

My panoramic roof is leaking also on my 2016 f150 also

4. Milissa Davis says:

I am also have a problem with my F 250 sunroof, it stopped opening but will pop up for vent. It was working just fine the all the sudden quit working.

5. Larry Lampinen says:

My sunroof would go up but 80% of the time wouldn’t slide back. I brought it to a ford dealer and they messed with it and then told me it would cost over $4200 to fix. I said not now. That’s way too much money. ( they had to fix it about 2 years ago for the same reason) but when I went to pick it up the sunroof popped and snapped and started to go up. ( remember when I brought it there that part worked fine) it wouldn’t go completely up and then would not shut at all so I gave it back to them and they worked on it for approximately 1 hour and said don’t try opening it anymore. . Well I didn’t but three days later it rained and now it leaks

6. James T McCloskey says:

I have a Ford, 2014 SVT RAPTOR SPECIAL Edition.I Ordered it in October 2014 and took ownership in May 12/2014 EMPIRE FORD in HUNTINGTON NY is the Original DEALERSHIP where to BOUGHT my RAPTOR now 03/15/2023 and have a over 17,254 Original Miles on my RAPTOR
    I also Bought a 7 year Premium Warranty for $6200.00 at the same time in May of 2014.
    On my 6 year the Motor on my Sunroof stopped working and Empire Ford replaced the Entire Sunroof Drainage tubes which Drainage tubes weren’t Connected and the Water from Drainage tubes LEAKS into the DRIVER Side and PASSENGERS Side of my RAPTOR Front and Rear of the CARPET. The Moisture from the WET RUGS Soakes the WINDSHIELD and now the I smell Moled and Mildew and parts are starting to show the MOLD and MILDEW in Areas of my RAPTOR.
    PLEASE fix my Truck it’s ruining the Whole Truck
    I and my RAPTOR do not deserve this.