The Automotive Service Association (ASA) announced changes to its board of directors following its annual meeting on July 17 at the Hilton Indianapolis Hotel & Suites in Indianapolis, Ind.
“As I look at our new leadership, I believe we have a strong team in place to help chart the association’s growth and progress on many new initiatives as we move forward,” says ASA chairman Scott Benavidez, AMAM, Mr. B’s Paint & Body Shop Inc.
Members of the 2023 board include:
- Chairman: Scott Benavidez, AMAM, Mr. B’s Paint & Body Shop Inc., Albuquerque, N.M.
- Chairman Elect: Dan Stander, AMAM, Fix Auto Highlands Ranch, Littleton, Colo.
- Secretary/Treasurer: Tom Piippo, AMAM, owner of Tri-County Motors, Rudyard, Mich.
- General Director: Maryann Croce, Croce’s Transmission Specialists, Norwalk, Conn.
- General Director: Darrin Barney, AMAM, Elite Worldwide Inc. & Barney Brothers Off Road and Repair, Fruita, Colo.
- Collision Division Director: Gene Lopez, AMAM, Seidner’s Collision Center, Duarte, Calif.
- Immediate Past Chairman: Roy Schnepper, AAM, Butler’s Collision, Roseville, Mich.
- Julie Massaro, CAE, ASA’s president/executive director, also serves on the ASA board of directors in an ex-officio capacity.
At its annual meeting, ASA also recognized two individuals who made significant contributions to the ASA mission and/or the automotive repair industry.
Roger Cada, CEO of Accountable Estimating based in Broken Arrow, Okla., received the Phoenix Award for his contributions and expertise shared on the Collision Operations Committee.
Additionally, Patricia Baker, manager of marketing and graphic design, received the Chairman’s Award of Excellence for her years of service to ASA.