Earlier this month, Sika announced planned changes to the board of directors and the group management. The company says the decisions have been made ahead of the presentation of the new growth strategy at the Capital Markets Day on October 3, 2023.
Thierry F. J. Vanlancker will be nominated as new chair of the board of directors at the next Annual General Meeting in 2024, taking the place of Paul Hälg who has decided to step down from the position after twelve years.
Vanlancker has been a member of the Board since 2019 and has held various management positions in the chemical sector for more than 30 years. Hälg has been a member of the board of directors since 2009 and the chair of the board since 2012.
“Paul has been a tremendous force and driver of our success in the past 12 years. His experience and strategic vision were crucial for Sika to become as successful as the company is now. He was especially instrumental during our historic fight for independence during a three-and-a-half-year hostile take-over battle that was resolved in June 2018. Sika and its 33,000 employees are more than grateful for his dedication and leadership as chair of the board during this time,” said Thomas Hasler, CEO. “Now, we are looking forward to working together with Thierry who we are convinced is a suitable successor to Paul, thanks to his broad experience in our sector and in the area of ESG.”
Additionally, the following changes to the management team will be effective as of October 1, 2023.
- Christoph Ganz, currently regional manager Americas, has been appointed regional manager EMEA. He joined Sika 27 years ago, has been a member of Group Management since 2007, and previously held positions in Switzerland, France, and the USA.
- Mike Campion, currently regional manager Asia/Pacific, takes Ganz’s places as regional manager Americas. Campion joined Sika 25 years ago and has been a member of Group Management since 2017. He has worked in the USA and in Asia/Pacific.
- Philippe Jost, currently head of construction, steps into Campion’s role as regional manager Asia/Pacific. He joined Sika 26 years ago, has been a member of Group Management since 2019, and has held various management positions in the USA and in Switzerland.
- Ivo Schädler, currently regional manager EMEA, moves into head of construction. He joined Sika 26 years ago, has been a member of Group Management since 2017, and has held managerial positions in both Switzerland and the UK; and
- Raffaella Marzi, currently head of human resources and compliance, will additionally act as head of legal. She takes over from Stefan Mösli, who has decided to step down after successfully heading the department since 1996. Marzi joined Sika nine years ago and has been a member of Group Management since 2020. Mösli will remain with Sika as Senior Counsel.
“We are very proud to have such a fantastic management team with so many strong leaders. Their extensive experience and dedication will successfully drive the execution of our new Growth Strategy 2028 and will further strengthen our organization. I’m looking forward to working with this team in its new setup. With these changes, we shape Sika for the years to come,” said Hasler.